Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Good for the Soul?

I have been dreaming a lot lately about winning the lottery (don't we all). And I keep saying to myself that if I do win it then I am going to buy a Winnebago and travel the country climbing for a year. I'll recruit a couple of friends to come along and we can just move at our own leisure. Don't get me wrong, I can understand why buying an RV would turn people off. Camping and roughing it are supposed to be better for the soul and could provide greater freedom. But give me a break! Who would not want to live in luxury and climb year-round at the same time?

My itinerary would have me climbing in places like Joshua Tree this winter, moving east to hit the Southeast by spring and New England and the Northeast this summer. Late summer would have me trucking north to Jasper and the Canadian Rockies (got a good friend there), and I would end up at Yosemite for the remainder of the fall. Of course there will be side trips to Utah, Montana, Colorado and other places on the way. But that is a pretty general path to take. Can't wait!

No comments: