Sunday, November 14, 2004

Solid Nines

With only my second trip to the gym, and second outing since hurting my shoulder in August, I proved to myself that only the stamina had disappeared. Not only did I have a good climb yesterday, but I was climbing solid nines all the way, even getting a successful 9+ in there. In fact, I began to try climbing a ten and eleven. I was unsuccessful, but was able to get on both before being stumped on the third move. And I attempted the eleven at the end of the day, after being totally pumped on a steep, final climb at 5.8. Next week looks to be another opportunity to advance my skills to the next level. Hopefully I am climbing tens confidently by the end of the winter. If only I could get Penny go with me, I would enjoy the climbing much more.

No comments: