Thursday, May 31, 2007

Climbed Hard Last Night

I am a bit sore today, and it isn't because I didn't stretch - because I did. Instead, it's more because I climbed hard last night. Well, hard for me anyway. I one-fell three straight hard 11s that were all either over-hanging or had a pumpy roof to navigate over. I'm more of a face climber who prefers crimps to jugs, so whenever I get on something steep I tend to get tired quickly. Still, my endurance is really improving and I think I'm on the verge of reaching a new plateau. Is it that I'm climbing more or pushing myself more? Is it because my confidence is improving? Or is it because I have a new sense of freedom falling upon me? It could be a combination of everything, but in general, things do seem to be a bit more uplifting than they have been the past few months. I feel better, stronger, slightly healthier (though I seriously need to hit the dentist and doctor for a checkup) and slightly more optimistic. Hmmm...

On another note, I promise to have my Adirondack posts up starting sometime Friday evening. It will not be one, long post for the entire weekend but four individual posts for each day of the trip instead. Believe it or not, I'm still writing the posts in my writing notebook...and I'm still on Saturday's events!

No comments: