Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Running in Place?

Well, I haven't been out climbing in months. There was some hope that I'd get out last weekend, but it never materialized. I can blame a lot of things on why I haven't been out, but really, it's all on me. I've been so focused on my art that I haven't had time. I think it's worked out, though. I recently had my first exhibition and I sold four paintings and earned my first commission.

"Lady" and I are hoping to get out this coming weekend in spite of the fact that all the climbing areas are busy. September 7 is Brasil's independence day, so everyone will be jumping out of the city sometime Thursday and Friday. Or, maybe I'll use the opportunity to borrow a friend's projector to fill in a few canvases quickly. So many decisions.

For those who are interested, here's a link to my art website: Greg Mason Burns and here is a link to my Facebook page.

This Dee Dee Ramone portrait has been the leading favorite thus far:




Still, "Lady" is due to leave for Spain for a few months as a part of her PhD program. I've also been spending a lot of time with her before she leaves (for good reason). Maybe once we get into summer things will brighten up on the climbing front. I'm tired, though. I'm putting in long hours between teaching English and art. Maybe climbing will be what I need after all? I'm definitely not running in place, though.

No comments: